Hugh MacLeod is a cartoonist that has a blog named Gaping Void. He also has a book about creativity. This book "Ignore Everybody" is a book I intend to give a read. It seems like a great motivational read and was recommended by Austin Kleon the author of "Steal Like A Artist". It additionally seems
like a great book to have in your unread library. Something to pick up for a inspirational read.
I think it's a great idea to have books like these two. They both seem to be perfect for a little
pick me up when needed.
An unread library is really something to think about when you are starting out to define yourself. When you go to the library to research something, it's not the book you start out with always. Sometimes that book will lead you to another, and then another. Austin says " Don't worry about doing research. Just search". I think that he has a good idea here. Sometimes when you get too involved in your research you are missing out on the big picture. Grabbing more books that you might not intend on reading right away might hold the key to what you were searching in the first place. Or that book might be around for future questions that you might have on a different subject.
Scott McCloud's book " Understanding comics" is another suggested book by Austin. It is actually a book I have checked out from the Champaign Public Library years ago, and is something I wish I owned. I remember it being really light and informative. Something I am definitely going back to try and find again so I can give a brief review on. It would be a recommendation of mine.
You can find my project two research here http://gds.parkland.edu/student/fall18/gds122/jpeterson/

No comments:
Post a Comment