This is my little work corner where I have things that I love mounted on the walls and in shelves.
Another thing that Austin talks about in chapter seven is the need to disconnect from the electronics, this way you can't be alone or captive. He suggests to work times in your day where you can spend it in a little self-imposed solitude and temporary captivity.
The last thing that Austin mentions is not to let your brain get too comfortable. When you spend too much time in your own world your brain gets too comfortable and you need to make it uncomfortable so it will work harder for you. Spend time with interesting people that might do something different from you. You have to find a place that feeds you – creatively, socially, spiritually, and literally.
Austin's thoughts about letting your brain get too comfortable actually makes a lot of sense. You don't want to get into a rut doing the same things everyday making your creative side shut down. I suggest that you try to do things outside of your comfort zone to keep your brain working hard. Go to an art show or a concert if that is not your normal thing. Try something new when you are working on a project, whether it's the way you research or come up with concepts. Not sure what those things might be? Search the Internet on how others accomplish the same tasks and you might be surprised at what you might find that would be inspiring.
I really enjoy Austin's thoughts about being around interesting people, and not necessarily people who do what you do. I believe that it is really important and it only can add to your creativity. One of the things that I feel I would like to focus on is to actually get to know more creatives than I presently do. I think going to things like CUDO happy hours or becoming involved in some sort of group would be a good start at getting to know people that share your same interests.
The following are from my research and inspiration for the next project. I was looking for something that showed a helping hand, or some kind of support within the image. I would like to hear your thoughts on my findings.
My last thoughts on this weeks blog is the Aaron Draplin book that I am currently reading. It is a coming of age story about Aaron's life and how he grew up. Aaron talks about the many challenges that he faced and how when he was old enough he moved across country with his friends to make a fresh start. It really reminded me a lot about how Austin talks about in his book that sometimes you might need to set up a new home and leave where you are now and then.







No comments:
Post a Comment