Man, what would my life be like if I would rewrite it? That's a big question! That is a hard one to think about. If I were to rewrite my story, I think it would start with becoming what I intend to be at an earlier age. Like I said before, I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up pretty late in the game. Hopefully I have a lot of game left in me, but I would have started this a whole lot earlier if I were to rewrite this part of my life. The next few years of my story would have to entail making a comfortable enough living that I can spend as much time with my family as possible. They say that life goes by fast and now seeing I have a fifteen and ten year old already I kinda know what they mean. The next few years of this story would have a lot of family time in it.
If all of my favorite makers got together and collaborated with me at the helm, we would create a new kind of digital comic. When Christopher Nolan wrote and directed the Batman Dark Knight trilogy, it was everything that I always wanted in a Batman story. When the DVD came out I purchased it immediately so I could watch it over and over again. The added bonus was the extras within this DVD. It included an interactive comic with movement and sounds. I thought it was great! From the sound of rain hitting the rooftops to bullets flying through the air I knew that this was something that should be explored further. I was never a huge comic book fan growing up, I guess the main reason was that my parents only rarely bought me any so I never got into them at an early age. Now that I have two boys, I find myself looking at their books and novels. Through these books I have found some great inspiration when it comes to style. The pencil and ink work is done by an American comic book artist Greg Capullo. He is a favorite of my son's so I see a lot of his work and I have gained some inspiration from him. The last image is from a band Nine Inch Nails. This album is called Year Zero. This album is a concept album that presents a dystopian vision of the year 2022 here in the United States. From the moment I heard this album I could see the story unfolding in my head. I believe that if these three and I would collaborate we would come up with a new type of digital comic book set in the future that would also usher in the future of comic books themselves.



No comments:
Post a Comment